Monday, August 13, 2012

Popular Culture

Assignment 1-1

Popular culture came from different forms of cultures, which are based on how they please our taste and how they show our lifestyle through various ideas, behaviors, customs, and believes. In simple words, pop culture is everything that surrounds us in what we are exposed on daily basis. Pop culture means to me because it shows updated style of various types as technology, internet, music, art, brands and many other trends in our society.
Pop culture is relevant in business environment because it defines today's world, which updates ideas and perspectives. For me it's really important to stay updated because nowadays technology is progressing very fast, and for my job at information services I need to stay updated and informed. Therefore I tend to follow progress of technology and information through various types of internet sites in order to respond on customer’s expectations.  In my future career popular culture can help me to build my knowledge to understand new digitalized era which I can use for my future job in human resources field.
Good example of pop culture artifact is super popular TV show “Friends” which was very popular in period from year 1994 till 2004. This TV show has 10 seasons of 24 episodes of each season. It is a remarkable comedy which shows young people living together and where friendship means everything. Each actor from the show has different character which represents them as individuals with interesting profiles. This TV show I watched 4 times, and each time I felt excited to watch like it was the first time watching it. So in my opinion TV show “Friends” is one of the most popular sitcoms of all time which is also great example of popular culture artifact. 

2 comments:

  1. I feel that friends is a great example of pop culture. I watched that show and there are still funny parts I reference. I have noticed lately there are funny pictures that reference the show popping up on Facebook. I agree that technology is constantly changing and very popular. Great job on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great example. To add to this, I watch Friends EVERYNIGHT! I really like your breakdown of what pop culture is and how you tied this together with your artifact. I loved reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete